We’ve discovered that by reducing gluten in our menu items, folks typically leave here feeling energized and satisfied instead of sleepy and stuffed.
What is gluten?
Gluten is the common name for the proteins in specific grains that are harmful to folks with celiac disease. These proteins are found in ALL wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn and faro) and related grains rye, barley and triticale and MUST be eliminated.
Celiac Disease (CD) is a lifelong, digestive disorder affecting children and adults. When people with CD eat foods that contain gluten, it creates an immune-mediated toxic reaction that causes damage to the small intestine and does not allow food to be properly absorbed. Even small amounts of gluten in foods can affect those with CD and cause health problems. Damage can occur to the small bowel even when there are no symptoms present. (From the Celiac Disease Foundation)
These Items are Gluten Free
- Specialty: Chili & Soup.
- Appetizers: Our Hummus, Nachos, Love Rolls & Side Sampler.
- Salads: All of em including every dressing is gluten free!
- Sides: All of em: Hummus, Whirled Peas, Black Bean Dip, Queso, Blue Corn Chips & Fruit
These Items Contain Gluten
- Appetizers: Black Bean Quesadillas
- Wraps: We use organic whole wheat wraps, so please opt for a salad instead.
- Sandwiches: We do not offer a gluten free bread alternative at this time.
- Kids Menu: We do not offer a gluten free bread alternative at this time.
- Razzy Parfait: Contains Oats / Granola
Due to various circumstances in the preparation, handling and service of our food and teas (all possible sources of cross contamination), Dandelion is unable to guarantee that any menu item is completely allergen-free. All foods & teas are prepared in a kitchen that also has gluten, dairy, soy, and all tree nuts, including peanuts, and your order may come into contact with these ingredients in the course of preparation, handling & service. Although we take steps to reduce the likelihood that you may receive an allergen, if you suffer from severe allergies, especially life threatening ones, you are doing so at your own risk.
Please feel free to add your comments or recommendations below.